Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Lot Lizard

Today, my friends, I encountered the infamous lot lizard.  The lot lizard is not exactly a reptile, although they are cold blooded.  They are not technically classified as an animal, but they definitely have animalistic behaviour.  These women who are affectionately refered to as lot lizards are, in fact, prostitutes.  They work their way around the truck stop, knocking on doors and hoping for a signal that their services are welcome.  These lot lizards come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.  At first glance, I thought, "Nasty women, they are probably drug addicts and have some disease."  The more I watched them walk around, the more my mind became inquisitive.  What were these women doing here, what happened in their life to bring them to this decision? It was then that I realised that maybe this wasn't even a choice for them, maybe some of them are forced into this life by a boyfriend or husband, or maybe even a family member.  Maybe they are homeless and this is the only way they can make money.  It makes me reflect on my own life, I've been many places in my life and had to make many difficult decisions, I've done things I am not proud of and some things I am even ashamed of. So who am I to say, "I would never..." or judge these women without even knowing them.  I'd like to say that I am a changed person, and that I have stopped judging the lot lizards, but the minute one slithered up to my husbands door and smiled at him, all was lost.  I jumped up out of my seat and wrapped my arms around Brandyn like a possesive   she-beast.  I glared that lot lizard down and let her know she was in my territory, and to get away!  I guess when all is said and done, I am just as much an animal as the lot lizards, at least when it comes to protecting what is mine.  So, until next time, my friends, Safe Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment